Public Relations Strategy
Public relations is an essential part of any integrated creative marketing plan. The appeal of public relations and publicity is largely based on its high credibility and ability to motivate action on the part of its audience.
A well-planned, integrated public relations plan can help position you as a leader in the marketplace, increase the effectiveness of your media buys and gain exposure in the more credible editorial sections for a minimal expense.
At ME&V, we coordinate our efforts to provide you maximum exposure of your messages with your key audiences. Our experienced staff can put these public relations strategies to work for you.
Public Relations Plan
Our team of public relations professionals can create a strategy for bringing news about your company to your key audiences. Our approach will include the following steps:
- Understand your organization’s strategic business plan: Knowing your top priorities for the next few years is key to integrating our PR strategies and tactics to aid in reaching your objectives.
- Confirm and prioritize key audiences: We’ll sit down and discuss exactly who you want to reach and the messages you want to convey, for each audience in a priority order.
- Build a database of publications to convey your message: Based on the audiences you identify, we will develop a comprehensive list of publications that would be appropriate outlets for your message. We will identify the topics planned for each issue and deadlines for submission so we can increase the likelihood that your information will be used.
- Establish relationships with editors of key publications: We will get to know the editors of key trade publications. Besides increasing the likelihood they will use your materials, these relationships will encourage them to contact your company when they need an information source.
- Write and distribute press releases according to public relations plan: We will work with you to write a release or put together a story pitch and target key publications in a timely manner.
- Create a yearly calendar of public relations activities: After thorough examination of your outlets, we will lay out a plan for public relations throughout the year—from traditional media relations to tradeshow media relations to developing an e-newsletter for customers or executing guerilla tactics. Of course, we would integrate new opportunities into the plan as we uncover them.
Additional PR Services
ME&V’s PR plan for your organization may also include:
- Development and distribution of media kits
- Press conferences
- Media training
- Crisis communications and management
- Image consulting